invalid helo after latest update

mtindor

Sep 14, 2004
inside a catfish
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
First of all i am not a sender, Sender is our client (example.com & they are using google apps mail server) &
i am a recipient (testdomain.com & use Exim mail server )

when [email protected] sends mail to [email protected] it doesn't delivered
It means our recipient server (testdomain.com & use Exim mail server ) is blocking email

I found error below while checking exim logs

2011-01-03 15:14:08 H=(EXPDSI01) [209.143.xx.xx] rejected MAIL <[email protected]>: Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)

But when [email protected] sends mail to any other email service provider like yahoo, google,hotmail,rediffmail,aol it successfully delivered

means our Exim email server blocking email with error Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)
Turn off this option in the Exim Configuration Editor:

Require incoming SMTP connections to send HELO conforming to internet standards (RFC2821 4.1.1.1)

I believe that with this option on, the server is expecting the client to send a FQDN (xxxx.yyyyyyy.zzz or yyyyyyy.zzz) OR an IP address [ex: 1.1.1.1] but the client is sending only xxxx.

Having this option enabled is going to block some more spam, but it is also going to break legitimate mail delivery in some cases -- as you have seen.

Mike

crazyaboutlinux

Nov 3, 2007
Turn off this option in the Exim Configuration Editor:

Require incoming SMTP connections to send HELO conforming to internet standards (RFC2821 4.1.1.1)

I believe that with this option on, the server is expecting the client to send a FQDN (xxxx.yyyyyyy.zzz or yyyyyyy.zzz) OR an IP address [ex: 1.1.1.1] but the client is sending only xxxx.

Having this option enabled is going to block some more spam, but it is also going to break legitimate mail delivery in some cases -- as you have seen.

Mike
Oh Yeah,

Problem has been solved