Woody1900

Registered
Sep 16, 2018
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Everyone,

I am having huge issues with email which I think may have started from an incorrect PRT record.

I have found one database that I have managed to de-list from but hotmail and google done work as do some other servers.

This is a message I get from another server and also via DNS tools | Manage Monitor Analyze | DNSstuff --> email test

Could not connect: Got an unknown MAIL FROM response: 550 Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)
]

I would be very grateful if someone could help

Thanks!

Woody1900

Registered
Sep 16, 2018
London
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
OK have worked out that Invalid HELO name is for incoming mails and not outgoing so have adjusted setting in WHM!

As for outgoing still blocked via Google, Hotmail and some other servers

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
OK have worked out that Invalid HELO name is for incoming mails and not outgoing so have adjusted setting in WHM!

As for outgoing still blocked via Google, Hotmail and some other servers
Hello @Woody1900,

The first step you should take is to ensure your server meets the guidelines we document on the link below:

How to Keep your Email Out of the Spam Folder - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

If you have done this already, and if email networks such as Gmail™, Yahoo, or Outlook still block your email or mark it as SPAM, note the following:

If email networks such as Gmail™, Yahoo, or Outlook mark your server's email as spam, you must identify the reason and resolve the problem. If you have recently resolved an issue with spam on your server or you received a new IP address which previously sent spam, you must notify the remote network. Make certain that you review the bulk sender policy of large email networks.
Thank you.