The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invisible cPAddons still visible?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by wshallum1, Oct 27, 2010.

1. wshallum1

wshallum1 Registered

I created a cPAddon with the module name prefixed with an underscore e.g. MyVendor::Ecommerce::_Somescript as specified here: Invisible cPAddon Scripts

However, the addon is still displayed in cPanel "Site Software" screen. Looking at the code in /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPAddons.pm I can't find the part that filters out invisible addons in the sub _listallmods.

Any hints?

2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi wshallum1,

Hmm, it would appear that something is not right: either the documentation or the "hide" mechanism. A simple test I did also exposed _hidden.pm cPAddon. I'll play around with it some and talk with others that have a more intimate knowledge of the cPAddons code base and find the root of the issue.

I post back with my findings.

-DavidN

3. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Okay,

We've confirmed that this is a bug. A developer has a fix in the works. I currently do not have an ETA for publication of the fix.

In the meantime, you can use the attached patch for your 11.28 system, if anything for testing purposes. (it has a .txt extension simply for forum upload purposes. feel free to rename with .patch and use patch!)

I don't have an 11.25 or 11.26 install handy to valid the patch, but I think the change in question is easily applied manually, particularly if you're comfortable reading the cPAddons module ;)

Regards,
    -DavidN

Attached Files: