The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

invision powerboard 1.2 released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cyberspirit, Aug 30, 2003.

1. cyberspirit

cyberspirit BANNED

invision powerboard 1.2 released (June 2003) - when will cpanel have it???

The new version of invision power board is finally released. Now I wonder when cpanel will integrate it into their version?
    Cpanel team, when can we expect the new power board via cpanel?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

#1 cyberspirit, Aug 30, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  2. cyberspirit

cyberspirit BANNED

Why is nobody of the cpanel team commenting on my question???

3. RobertOnTheAir

RobertOnTheAir Active Member

I wonder if it will be included in later releases at all. Most all of the tools released with CPanel are freeware tools.

And even though Invision allows people to install the board free, they still push they're paid version more than anything else. I can understand they're interest in making money, but from what I can see... it seems like only freeware tools are normally bundled.

Not trying to be critial. Just my observation.

4. cyberspirit

cyberspirit BANNED

Robert,
    I see what you are saying but Invision Powerboard is a complete free system. See here what their website says:

"Invision Power Board is available for an unlimited free trial for both personal and commercial use, no catches, no "spyware", no hidden costs anywhere. Our registration options give you commercial quality support via email tickets, phone and our private customer forums."

So that means that you can use it for free if you like and only need to pay a licence fee if you need support with it.
    A lot of companies do it that way these days because support is very expensive.
    I have never been pressured at all into anything from Invision. So in my mind this is a complete free version without any catches and I would love to see that cpanel updates the current version soon!