The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ioncube loader install for client account post suPHP and security reconfig

Discussion in 'Security' started by stardotstar, Sep 21, 2009.

1. stardotstar

stardotstar Well-Known Member

[SOLVED]ioncube loader install for client account post suPHP and security reconfig

Hi,

I have done some advisable security configuration updates and recompiled php and apache using easyapache to invoke suPHP.

Now I am going about a whmcs install but getting the error:
    Site error: the file /home/gnunet/public_html/support/install/install.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

I have ioncube loader support setup for the whm and cpanel internals and therefore am wondering what the best way is to ensure that accounts get the same release as I am running elsewhere - noting in the whmcs documentation that they step you through and install sending you to ioncube forge for the loaders...

Can I get a pointer to how to do a best practice ioncube instatllation for clients who need it now that I have suPHP - does it now involve a client based php.ini with pointers to the main system instance of ioncube or do I still need to put ioncube in the directory from which whmcs is loading due to other constraints on the way it works.

(first time with suPHP and ioncube here)

Best regards,
    Will

UPDATE:

@http://www.ioncube.com/loader_installation.php
    When the web server first launches PHP, a configuration file called php.ini is read. It is possible to add a line to this file to instruct PHP to load the ionCube Loader.
    I need help on how to find the appropriate base php.ini file and how to invoke it properly.
    I have tried a couple of things according to the instructions at whmcs and ioncube but don't want to fool around too much since there is, im sure, a clean and straightforward best practice way of doing it.

TIA
    Will

UPDATE:

I note that despite having the ioncube box checked within the config tweaks when I run easyapache and look at the build configuration ioncube is not checked.
    I am doing a rebuild and restart with that in place first and will then revisit the individual php.ini files (if needed)

ITS all here
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/ioncube-loader-tweak-settings-but-not-easyapache-94673.html
    I have got it sorted.
    thanks for the forums here - often talking the problem through pulls it together for me and if I have made the search easier for anyone else by doing so then more the better.
    Will

#1 stardotstar, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Information

Thank you for providing your resolution.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry