ioncube not installed for cpanel php

4u123

PartnerNOC
Jan 2, 2006
Ive noticed recently when setting up servers that when I choose the ioncube loader in the tweak settings option for cpanel php - it installs sourceguardian.

If I go to /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/ all I see is an ixed (sourceguardian) folder and I'm expecting to see an ioncube folder.

I've set the option to "none" then back to ioncube then forced a upcp but still no ioncube is installed. This is the same for all new servers I'm setting up on the current release build.

ok, its no big deal to install ioncube manually but if cpanel isnt installing it when it is selected as the loader to use - this must be a bug. I'm also guessing that if ioncube is chosen and not installed - theres no loader being used at all.

Can anyone confirm that this is also happening for them ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

ClearSky

Jul 9, 2003
I'm thinking I'm seeing the same thing as you. I have ioncube selected but no ioncube. I just upgraded to PHP 5.2 so it seems easyapache ignored this?

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
YOu have to download and install the ioncube files in the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/etc/ioncube directory in order for the tweak setting to install them in your PHP.ini file.