The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IONCUBE will not run after php upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by superiorhost, Sep 1, 2007.

1. superiorhost

superiorhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have upgraded php to 5.2.3, turned on phpsuexec, and have just one major issue to solve.

ioncube is no longer working.

root@mom [~]# php -v
    Failed loading /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    PHP 5.2.3 (cli) (built: Aug 31 2007 22:20:07)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies
    with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.9, Copyright (c) 2003-2006, by Zend Technologies

It was located in a users site. Now,I moved it to /usr/local so I could turn off the dl function. However, it wasn't working before I moved it either...

Any thoughts? This is kinda urgent. I have 6 more servers to do the same with, and need ioncube on most of them.

Also, is this version of PHP too high of a move from 4.4.4? or should it be stable. I was told by the techs that there is an issue with zend that may be causing this. However, zend looks like it is fine.

Thank you,
    Tim L

2. koolcards

koolcards Well-Known Member

3. superiorhost

superiorhost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,
    Thanks. yes, i have it before the first zend entry in the ini file. I tried it up at the top of the file, and down at the bottom bove the zend items... neither worked.

The tech got it fixed last night, so i am waiting to hear what he did to get it going.

Thanks.
    Tim L

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Curious if you have a eaccelerator installed. If so, they may have disabled it for now to get it working.