Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS push issues after 11.1

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by WhiteDog, Nov 9, 2017.

1. WhiteDog

WhiteDog Well-Known Member

Hello,

After upgrading to iOS 11.1, we are having issues with the Push functionality for IMAP mailboxes. When new mail is received, I no longer receive a push notification on it. This happens for multiple users of the same domain. To fix it, I need to go into iOS and toggle "Push" off and on (either globally or for the account). I then immediately start getting push notifications again and I also get some earlier notifications (this indicates the server sent them out correctly). However, within 24 hours this issue re-appears.

I'm initially asking if others are experiencing a similar issue. The problem appears at the same on multiple phones and accounts. I need to manually fix it on all devices to get it working again. The number of mails received on these accounts is moderate (100 mails per day total). The iOS certificate is installed on about 10 servers.

Any feedback is appreciated :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

3. WhiteDog

I was under the impression that this was resolved with iOS 11.1.1... but the issue returned yesterday.
    I am now under the impression that it occurs each time cPanel is updated. Yesterday it occurred after the upgrade to 68.0.13 and today with 68.0.14. My upgrades are done at 12:00 and it's always after that time I started noticing that Push was no longer working.

I have now disabled cPanel updates and will do the next one manually to check if this is really the case. If so I'll open a ticket :)

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Were you able to verify the issue persists? If so, could you let us know the ticket number?

Thank you.

5. WhiteDog

Hello Michael,

Still under debate :)

I just performed an upgrade manually from 86.0.14 to 86.0.15. I kept sending mails to myself (Gmail > cPanel) during the upgrade. A minute into the upgrade, push notifications were no longer being received by my phone. The 68.0.15 upgrade completed after about 5 minutes. Still not receiving push messages. I restarted dovecot, still not receiving push messages.

I then opened Mail on my iPhone and got my missing mails. After that, push notifications worked again. I restarted the iPhone and sent a few more mails to confirm, remained working.

I would conclude that there is some kind of issue, but less than a few weeks ago and I didn't have to re-enable Push manually. I'll confirm on another phone later tonight. I'll do the same test in a few days with 68.0.16 in a few days and keep you updated.