The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP address all wrong!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hunet, May 17, 2003.

1. hunet

hunet Member

Hello,

This is a strange problem and the problem I have is quite difficult to explain. I'll try my best though :)

For this example I refer to my IP address as 66.66.66.66

When I used to type my IP address into a browser it used to give the standard Apache successfully installed page, this was just fine.

We now have 180 accounts on one of our servers and when you type in this address it resolves to a clients domain name and I just don't know why :confused:

I have terminated the account and all this does is move down our client list, so that the 66.66.66.66 in the browser resolves to another client of ours.

As well as this, for new accounts created when I enter http://66.66.66.66/~username/ it shows the directory listing as you would expect but then at the bottom part it reads:

"Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.anotherclient.com Port 80
    which looks a bit odd (it should have their domain name there shouldn't it?).

Any ideas what's going on here? I've been trying to fix this for a week now - it's one of those annoying things that ends up with your eye twitching! :p

TIA

Kevin