The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ip address not in change sites IP address list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hostenz, Jan 17, 2005.

1. hostenz

hostenz Registered

I wish to move some of my accounts to one of my original IP addresses:

My server has the addresses currently as
    xx.xx.xxx.172 <main
    xx.xx.xxx.174
    xx.xx.xxx.175 <shared ip

I want to move 3 accounts to the .174 ip address, but it doesn't show up in the "change site's IP address" function under WHM: it says "current IP address xx.xx.xxx.175" and the only address I can move it to is xx.xx.xxx.172...

I've looked in a whole lot of the other functions as well, but to no avail. Perhaps I need to edit a config file. Any ideas?

As a side note, I just acquired a another new IP address, added it to the pool, moved a site to it and all was well - even added it as another name server.

Any other info needed, message me, or email cpanel-net [no-spam] at hostenz.co.nz

Regards

Mathew

2. touma

touma Member

Have you tried "Rebuild the IP Address Pool"???

3. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

The IP address may be reserved, check in WHM under IP Functions >> Show/Edit Reserverd IPs if it is checked here then it will not show up as available in the list of available IPs to move an account to.

4. hostenz

hostenz Registered

Thanks

Thanks all that helped: managed to get it done. Through the command line in one of the .conf files, but decided instead that I had better find out how to do it in Cpanel as well...

Didn't take me long either - I found out how to do it as well - it ended up that I would have had to use the resellers panel to allocate the addresses (which worked after I reverted the .conf file) - I forget exactly which one it was, but if it springs to mind, I will post it here.