The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ip Addresses not showing in WHM after adding, CPANEL BUG CentOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jdilegge, Jan 17, 2011.

1. jdilegge

jdilegge Member

I have setup 3 servers in the last month, 2 for me and one for a client. On each I ran into the same annoying issue.

With a fresh install, after adding the additional IP Addresses, the IPs were not showing anywhere in WHM. Rebuilding stated there was 1 ip and zero free ips, even though each had 3 ips, nameservers shared = on, and all of that. The only way I had to fix this was to "yum upgrade kernel" via the DAG repos for CentOS 5.5. When I had to set the cpanel update to current and force an update.

When are you cPanel developers going to get off you a**es and fix this bug before people start moving to your competitors? This is getting rather old. Not to mention that when you change your nameserver, it messes up your license and you have to have your server update the license upon every reboot.

I see the wuality of cpanel going WAAAAAY downhill and frankly it is pissing me off.

How about you quit adding features to cPanel/WHM and work out the bugs instead!!!???!!!!

2. jdilegge

jdilegge Member

...this time that alone didn't work. I had torun:

$ find ./ect/httpd/ -type f | xargs sed -i 's/10.0.0.2/10.0.0.1/'
    $ grep cd /etc;grep -r "10.0.0.2" *;

then I had to edit every file that the second command listed and clear out all isntances of 10.0.0.2 including /etc/ips and /ect/nameserverips.

then i was able to add 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 in WHM and re-add to nameserverips and hosts.

Wow, a lot of work for an expensive control panel!

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I am not familiar with the issue you have described. Have you reported the issue by submitting a bug report? If yes, please post your ticket ID number. If the issue was not yet reported, please submit a bug report so that we can properly investigate the issue.

4. AdamDresch

AdamDresch Well-Known Member

Just wanted to add, I had the same problem

Brand new Centos 5.5 system, installed ok, setup the additional ip during the install wizard thing, but it wasn't showing in the control panel anywhere
    The /etc/ips showed the ip, with the subnet, but I had to remove it from there, then add it again in whm

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you submitted a ticket to us to investigate further to see what might be happening? You can use WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or the link in my signature. Of note, we would want to see this on a system where it is still not working, so if you were willing to provide another new installation that has this happen during the wizard, this would be the best way for us to see what is happening. If you are unable to reproduce it on another new installation, then it will be difficult to know why it happened on the last machine since that one has already been fixed.

If you do end up opening a ticket, please post the ticket number here as previously mentioned by Donald.

6. meonsite

meonsite Member

I have the same problem mentioned above, the IPs were there at first but I add two extra that I did not want, went to delete the .209 and it removed fine. Then .208 which was the first in the chain and it said something about having to rebuild/reset ips after. Browser tookforever at graybox/status screen so I just closed and checked an hour later.. Now it has same issue these guys are mentioning and this is a brand new install.

Ticket Number: 1291001