Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

ip-based subdomain in whm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikemccue, Jan 8, 2003.

1. mikemccue

mikemccue Registered

I'm moving onto a Cpanel/WHM server shortly, and am wondering if it is possible to create an ip-based subdomain account.

If I have mydomain.com, rather than just make a subdomain of it where all bandwidth usage is taken from mydomain.com's account, I would like to create a new client account in whm, with sub.mydomain.com as the domain name, but a different IP, therefore sub.mydomain.com would be treated just like a regular account..

Or, is there any way to manage the subdomains seperate from the main domain in Cpanel/WHM?

/me wonders &did that come across right?&... :)

Basically, If I wanted to offer hosting to people and offer subdomains off my account (so they don't have to register their own domain) can I do this while still allowing them all the controls of cpanel, etc?

Thanks.

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Yes, you can just create totally seperate subdomain accounts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mikemccue

mikemccue Registered

so I'm guessing I would just provide sub.mydomain.com in the domain name field, and give them an IP, and all will work as expected? (user logs in at sub.mydomain.com/cpanel/ ... bw usage is seperate from mydomain.com... )

Am I correct? This is great if so... :)

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

That's how it works. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...