The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP blocked in China

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jdan6@2003, May 18, 2003.

1. jdan6@2003

jdan6@2003 Active Member

I hosted many websites with a hosting company using Cpanel/WHM. I am their reseller and shared the server with several dozens of other resellers. There may be thousands of websites on the server. All websites use the same main IP address. The main IP is frequently blocked by many ISPs because of complaints on Spam.

Now the main IP is also blocked by China and all my websites are unaccessible for users in China. This not only causes a big problem for me, but all resellers and all websites on the same server, since all websites on the server uses the same IP address.

One or two spammers on the server make all others victims.

My question: since each reseller can get two (2) IP addresses for their 2 DNS, is there a way to have WHM to automatically use one of the two IPs for all websites under my reseller account, in stead of using the same IP that is shared by all resellers when creating new accounts?

If each reseller can use their own IP for websites under their reseller account (name-based), it will greatly reduce the likelihood of being blocked.

Is the license of WHM limited to one IP or to one server? Does the license prevent to use different IP for name-based vhost on the same server?

#1 jdan6@2003, May 18, 2003
    Last edited: May 18, 2003
  2. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

It is possible, I do this on my server.

Go to the Reseller Centre in WHM and use the "Manage Reseller Main Shared/Ipless Ip" option and select your reseller and from there select the IP you wish for all the resellers accounts to be created on.

Hope this helps!

3. jdan6@2003

jdan6@2003 Active Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Does this have to be done by the root, or any reseller can make the change? I do not have the root access.

4. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

Its has to be done by root, just email you host and ask them for it, they may charge you for an additional IP tho.

5. jdan6@2003

jdan6@2003 Active Member

They already give us (resellers) two IP addresses for creating our own DNS (ns1/2.dns.com). They used my first IP for my reseller master domain website. All other added domains are automatically assigned with the servers' main IP.

Can the IP address that has been used for DNS be also used as the IP for creating websites under my reseller account?

Thanks again.

#5 jdan6@2003, May 18, 2003
    Last edited: May 18, 2003