pradeepjeevan

Registered
Dec 9, 2008
Hi,

Can I add different IP's to different addon domain's , and I wanna keep shared servers IP for my main domain...TIA

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hi,

Can I add different IP's to different addon domain's , and I wanna keep shared servers IP for my main domain...TIA
To properly assign a dedicated IP address for account domain, (including an account primary domain, parked domains, and add-on domains), the user account should be assigned a dedicated IP; this can be set using the following feature in WHM:
WHM: Main >> Account Functions >> Change Site's IP Address
Documentation: Change Site's IP Address

Yes, you can assign the dedicated IP address for the add on domain on your apache httpd config file.
Please note that changing the IP address of an add-on domain to be different from the account primary domain name would require manual, non-standard modification of configuration files (including that of Apache); this is not recommended.

Jan 18, 2004
Hi
I am creating a site, which will have many languagues and thus i have registered a total of 6 domains for this.
For ease of use for programmer i would like to have these as add on domains in same account but under separate folders, reason is mainly database access and also one login for all.
To my question, is it possible for these addon domains to have separate (6) ips but still remain on the same ftp/cpanel account?

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
To my question, is it possible for these addon domains to have separate (6) ips but still remain on the same ftp/cpanel account?
Each domain can be on a separate IP if each domain is created as a separate cPanel account; however, to share the same (FTP & cPanel) login username they would need to be setup within the same cPanel account. It is not yet possible to achieve both at the same time using cPanel & WHM, but it may be in the future. There is an active feature request that I believe will solve the dilemma, that of allowing each domain within a single cPanel account to be on separate IP addresses; I recommend subscribing to the following feature request thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=138917