The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP Functions for Resellers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amelen, Jan 20, 2010.

1. amelen

amelen Active Member

How can I allow resellers to change ip's on their domains? The only option I have found is to give resellers root access (which I don't want to do). Anything besides that takes away the "IP Functions" menu for the resellers? Any advice? I heard there might be an "change site ip address" plugin avaliable?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    For reference, we have an active feature request regarding the described functionality. I recommend expressing your interest and contributing any ideas for preferred implementation via the following feature request thread: Allow resellers to change IP addresses - cPanel Forums

Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

3. amelen

amelen Active Member

Great! I just posted there.. thanks! For others who are reading this.. I looked around and it looks like a few hosts like hostgator have already implemented similar solutions. From a hostgator faq for a reseller account:

Tell me about SEO hosting. « HostGator.com Support Portal

So I guess it should be a pretty easy fix.. hopefully cpanel rolls it out soon so hosts don't have to go to third party sources for something like this.

#3 amelen, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010