The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ip Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by da_judge, Jan 24, 2007.

1. da_judge

da_judge Member

I need help... i got 3 accounts running of 1 IP but only want 1... cant work out how to remove

See attached pic... i want to keep www.hackable.cc and remove others... not sure how the got there but i need to remove other 2..

Please help

Cheers Judge

Attached Files:

2. dafut

dafut Well-Known Member

First, shorten the TTL's of the A records for the domains that you're going to change IP addresses on to something like 600 seconds. Wait for the original TTL time to expire.

In WHM >> Account Functions >> Change Site's IP Address

Select site to change; move to new address. Repeat for other site. Update A records for both domains to new addresses.

Within 10 minutes (if using 600 second TTL for those A records), the sites should be available in a browser by going to the domain name. To test for immediate availability, go to http://ip.add.res.ss/~accountname (or the IP link in WHM > Account Information > List Accounts).

Once satisfied that all is well, up the TTL's for those records back to a reasonable value.

They probably got there because that's how the sites were created.

3. da_judge

da_judge Member

Thanks for fast reply m8... but when i go into Change IP in account functions..... all i get is attached... does this look like a problem...

Cheers Judge

Attached Files:

4. dafut

dafut Well-Known Member

Have the other IP addresses been added in WHM > IP Functions > Add a New IP?

5. da_judge

da_judge Member

No m8... not that i know of... i havent done it that i know of

Cheers

6. da_judge

da_judge Member

I deleted it via httpd.conf and after a day the sub domain re appers... my server keeps crashing... been told to much rubbish running by hosting company... im running 1 forum and 1 database... but its crashing every day.. any ideas
    Cheers Judge