Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

IP - Licence issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tsafarog, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Tsafarog

Tsafarog Member

Hello,

I have a Centos with Cpanel/WHM server and i have had an issue with Main ip address and licence validation that i overlooked since the problem occured only on server restarts that are not often.

After the newest upgrade thou my issue reproduces after ./scripts/upcp as well.

The problem:

I have 4 interfaces eth0, eth0:1, eth0:2, eth0:3

The first 3 interfaces were created once i got the server manually via SSH. The last one was added through WHM

eth0 is my main/shared ip address (with valid licence)
    eth0:1 and eth0:2 are my nameservers
    eth0:3 was created for non shared ip website.

Whenever i had to reboot server i was getting the message that this server doesnt have a valid cpanel licence and when i i used /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt to validate, the script was checking eth0:1 instead of eth0.

By doing a "service network restart" and running again /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt everything was getting back to normal.

I ignored that error in the past because it was only occuring after server reboots that were not often but now i get it after every upcp.

I have double checked my hosts file, my WHM config, ifcfg files and everything seems to be in order .....

Is there something else i need to check?

Thank you in advance

#1 Tsafarog, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010