The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP - Licence issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tsafarog, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Tsafarog

Tsafarog Member

Hello,

Made this post in the new user section but i got no responce so i will make it here hoping to get some help.

I have a Centos with Cpanel/WHM server and i have had an issue with Main ip address and licence validation that i overlooked since the problem occured only on server restarts that are not often.

After the newest upgrade thou my issue reproduces after ./scripts/upcp as well.

The problem:

I have 4 interfaces eth0, eth0:1, eth0:2, eth0:3

The first 3 interfaces were created once i got the server manually via SSH. The last one was added through WHM

eth0 is my main/shared ip address (with valid licence)
    eth0:1 and eth0:2 are my nameservers
    eth0:3 was created for non shared ip website.

Whenever i had to reboot server i was getting the message that this server doesnt have a valid cpanel licence and when i i used /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt to validate, the script was checking eth0:1 instead of eth0.

By doing a "service network restart" and running again /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt everything was getting back to normal.

I ignored that error in the past because it was only occuring after server reboots that were not often but now i get it after every upcp.

I have double checked my hosts file, my WHM config, ifcfg files and everything seems to be in order .....

Is there something else i need to check?

Thank you in advance

2. Tsafarog

Tsafarog Member

bumping this topic

Anyone?

3. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    cPanel's licensing works on the IP address our servers "see" your server's requests coming from. To see what IP address our servers are "seeing", run the following command:

Code:
    # curl http://www.cpanel.net/apps/myip/
    For some reason, before you restart your network service, the outbound requests are going through a different IP address from the one that is licensed. You can see the routing table using the route -in command:

Code:
    # route -n
    It would be helpful to run this command before you restart the network service, and afterward.

Is there any chance you can remove the additional IP addresses that you added manually, and add them using the WebHost Manager in Main >> IP Functions >> Add a New IP Address?

It would be best if you could submit a ticket so that we can log into your server directly. License issues can be difficult to diagnose without direct access to a server.

4. Tsafarog

Tsafarog Member

Thank you for your reply

yes i guess i ll submit a ticket