The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP Manager issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by karthiksharma, Mar 13, 2014.

1. karthiksharma

karthiksharma Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I am working in webhosting support company as an System Engineer. Recently, I came across an Issue with IP mismatch. Below are the details of issue

1. Whenever customer signup accounts, We provide them list of IP's [according to their signed up plan] and WHM access. Those Ip's were shown under his IP manger

2. Later customer create individual cPanel accounts on his WHM and they assign unique IP's for those domains from his WHM - IP Manager

Finally they contact us for their site showing 404 Forbidden error. On investigating this issue we found that the IP assigned by customer in IP manager was mismatched on server httpd conf entry.

Note : Customer point his nameservers and A records exactly on his registrar end. When we did intodns, IP assigned by customer on IP manger shows exactly as A record. Also .DB files shows exact IP

Inorder to fix this issue, Everytime we issue cat /var/named/domainname.db command and point that correct IP assigned by customer in conf entry.

My question is why the customer assigned IP's in IP Manager doesn't reflect automatically in server's http entry. Whereas named entries and intodns search shows exact IP as customer assigned.

Please help!... This issue is getting more frustrated for our customer and as well as our support team.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. karthiksharma

karthiksharma Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Michael,

Thanks for your update. whenever customer assign new IP for his domain from IP manager. It doesn't reflect in server http conf entry. I have to assign it manually.

I believe you are clear with the issue now.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There are no options in Web Host Manager called "IP Manager" that I am aware of. Are you sure this is not happening in a third-party application such as WHMCS?

Thank you.

5. karthiksharma

karthiksharma Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    IP manager is a plugin installed in cPanel

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator