The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP Migration Tool

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crosswinds, Nov 18, 2008.

1. crosswinds

crosswinds Member

Has anyone used the IP Migration Tool and can explain the steps, in detail, of what it does after the old->new IP mapping (and d/ling the mapping matrix)?

My situation:

I have a pair of servers that are being renumbered and physically moved this coming Friday (everything is prepped except the IP part).

DNS is already prepped and a server will be serving out DNS zones (with 600s TTLS) and web pages while the servers are moving.

The big server has about 400 low use accounts on it. There are spread over 9 IPs (some people have their own IP and SSL certs).

I have already added the IPs to the server but they are not routeable (since they need to be in the other colo).

If I start the migration process ( I did the first steps to get the IP numbers to map correctly), will the sites be available on BOTH IP?

I want the services to respond to the old IPs until the servers are installed in the new location, DNS updated and then the new IPs respond and we can remove the old IPs.

TIA!

Tony