The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ticklex, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ticklex

ticklex Registered

I'm new here and need some help. I am the co-webmaster of a popular Fan Site. A few weeks ago, I received an e-mail from our current website host saying they were closing down and we had 5 days to find another host, etc. Thankfully, shortly before that e-mail, I had already applied with another host and been accepted.

I am not very good with HTML, etc., so I sent the e-mail over to the head webmaster, asking him to change the DNS for our new host, etc. He said it was done and such, but nothing changed. I then e-mailed our new host and they had not set up our account yet. They now have it set up and a coming soon site in place of the site, but the problem is, when the head webmaster switched the DNS, he didn't transfer anything.

Unfortunately, he isn't too helpful, so I e-mailed the new host and they said they could do it. I gave them our cPanel login address & login name and the IP address is not working. That is most likely because the previous host we had has indeed shut down. I own the domain and we have all our cPanel log on info, but have no way of getting to it, I guess?

Is there a link or something maybe we can go to? Just a short time ago, weekend before last, all the files and everything were there and nothing had changed, so I'm really hoping it is just the address. If anyone knows a way, please let me know. This is something I've been apart of for over 2 years and am really worried that it is lost because someone didn't do their part. :(

2. Srv24x7

Srv24x7 Member

Well in this case you should contact your old host and ask for a backup of your hosting files, Or look for some backup data at your own pc and then upload it to your new host.