The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP resolving "problem"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dieich, Apr 15, 2005.

1. dieich

dieich Registered

Dec 19, 2003
    Hi from Mexico:

I'll explain a little before make a question: My server get 4 IPs: 41, 42, 43, 44. When just contract the server only the main domain resolved and if someone type the IP in web browser get the message:

"There is no domain configured to this server"

As I set up more reseller accounts and this clients create new accounts for their customers, the servers currently hosts 80+ domain names/web sites.

I've assign the 41 & 42 IPs to my DNS, all my direct clients and own projects; mean while client's virtual DNS, clients and his customers accounts i've assigned the 48 & 49 IPs.

Still when some one type in web browser the IPs 41, 42 & 49 get the same "No site configured" message, but if type the IP 48, resolve directly to a reseller's customer account. this is no convenient because the resellers or final customers can see the other people site under "his" IPs.

Question: If all my resellers shared the same 'shared-IP' how can I set up again the "No site configured" message to the IP don't resolve to no-one domain in particular?