The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP selection at account creation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by discovery, Nov 26, 2009.

1. discovery

discovery Active Member

hello again,

Can a reseller chose the IP for an specific account at the creation account form?

I mention that the reseller has can use all IP's on the server (as that is set is reseller center > IP delegation) and I still have 4 free IP

I remember that on a shared servers I used a year ago I saw a feature like that but I miss that settings on my own server :)

tks.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Yes it is possible but at the present time it requires that the reseller be given the Account Modification Super Privilege; this privilege should be used with caution.

Here is where the aforementioned account modification super privilege is located in WHM:

WHM: Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Edit reseller privileges & nameservers >> Super Privileges >> Account Management
    * Account Modification "(warning: this will allow circumvention of account creation limits, give shell access unless explicitly disallowed, dedicated ips, etc)"

If needing to simply enforce a specific selection or range of IP addresses, the following feature allows specifying which IP addresses may be used, for both automatic assignment of an IP or via manual selection:

WHM: Main >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Manage reseller's IP delegation

3. discovery

discovery Active Member

actually the reseller is the main account on server, I login with root passwd

should I log in with account passwd?

so all privileges are there and the reseller has access on all available IP

when I create an account with root passwd, I can't select the IP?

tks.

Basicly what I try to do is to setup 2 full resellers with all priviledges, each one with access at own IP range, but I want them to choose IP at creating account form to be able to choose for the account a Private IP from their range or their shared IP

I hope it make sense what I said, it's Friday evening and the snow is comming :(

4. discovery

discovery Active Member

another questions pls (IP related)

can I use 2 IP ranges that are not continuous?

cause the assholes at datacenter want to charge me 2times more for 32IP in the same range than in two diffferent ranges

#4 discovery, Nov 27, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  5. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Via the aforementioned areas in the WHM Reseller Center, it is possible to define any combination of delegated IP addresses, including delegating the same IP address to multiple resellers.

If the reseller is granted root or account modification privileges via the Reseller Center, then when logging-in as the reseller via WHM it is possible to select a specific dedicated IP address when creating a new account.

Steps while using the "Create a New Account" feature in WHM:

1.) When creating a new account, in the Packages section immediately below "Choose a Package," select the following option to display an expanded set of form options: "Select Options Manually"

2.) Next, from the Settings section that is expanded in Step 1, ensure the following option is selected: "Dedicated IP"

3.) Finally, also within the Settings section, use the following setting to select the desired IP address; by default this option will automatically assign an IP address unless changed using the provided drop-down menu: "Select the IP Address"

Related documentation:
    Create a New Account
    Assign a Package
    Define the Account's Settings

6. discovery

discovery Active Member

excellent, works exactly you said. thank you.

for the part with two IP's ranges?

7. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    When creating an account it is only possible to use one IP address; user accounts can only have one IP address assigned at a time.

For resellers, it is possible to delegate any combination of configured/available IP addresses (i.e., more than one IP and IPs in different ranges as long as the IPs are configured on the network interface) for the reseller to use or select from when creating accounts; this is setup via the Reseller Center in WHM using the feature named "Manage reseller's IP delegation."