The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ip to site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djalken, Jan 14, 2005.

1. djalken

djalken Active Member

I want to get a dedicated IP to the site to which it belongs instead of the page "There is no website configured at this address." How can I do this? I could place a .htaccess file in the main htdocs but I think there is a better way.....

2. Ramsy

Ramsy Guest

use change site ip adress in your account functions to assign a dedicated ip :) :D

3. djalken

djalken Active Member

I'm not new to cpanel so of course I did that ;-) but the dedicated ip's on that server are also showing the page from cpanel no website configured.... guess have to do some things in httpd.conf but don't know which ones (if I create a virtualhost with just the ip apache still goes to the main htdocs..)

4. tulsabobt

tulsabobt Active Member

change IP

I have a similar problem. I changed an account from the shared main i.p. to a dedicated one, and even after 36 hours the domain does not resolve to anything at all. dnsstuff.com shows it as the new i.p. yet nothing...

Are there other steps to take besides using the "change IP" function in WHM?

Thanks in advance.
    Bob

5. djalken

djalken Active Member

This is not my problem ;) domain works fine but only if you use domain name, I want to access the website behind it using the ip as well