The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP unable to access server

Discussion in 'Security' started by SSy, Oct 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. SSy

SSy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't have a firewall installed as far as I know, and I checked the brute force thing and there are no IPs on the blacklist. A customer of mine cannot access any sites on the entire server.

Where and how could his IP have been added and blocked?

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,

iptables firewall by default installed on the server. You can try to disable iptables or add the IP in allow list.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. danielpmc

danielpmc Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello SSy,

Hopefully by now you have been able to resolve your issue, if not here is how i look for a Banned IP. Since your cPanel access is listed as Root Administrator i assume you have access to a WHM and a Cofigserver Firewall panel. If not i will offer a solution to that also.

1. With WHM Access and Configserver Firewall:
    Login to your WHM and scroll down to the section Plugins. Click on Configserver Security and Firewall. Now you will see the controls to your firewall. Look for Firewall Deny IPs and click on it. WARNING: Do not remove any words posted at the top of the page as they are needed to prove by the software that you have a valid license. If you remove any of those words, your firewall will not work.

What you are looking for is the IP of your client, example below:
    123.456.789.123 # comment

If you see your clients IP remove the entire line, but nothing else. After that scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Change. You will then be brought to a page that says Restart csf and ldf. Click on that and it will unblock the IP you removed.

2. Without WHM and/or Configserver Firewall:
    You will need to know the IP of your blocked client. Open a support ticket of the company you are hosting your site with. Ask them if they can check to see if the Companies Firewall has blocked the IP, if yes please remove it.

3. cPanel Access only:
    Login to your cPanel and click on File Manager. To the right you will see a list of Directories (folders). Click on public_html, this is where all the files of your domain are. Look for htaccess. Click ONCE on that and if you look up top you will see EDIT. Click Edit and your htaccess will open. Now look through there and see if your clients IP is there. You may delete that line and it will unblock your clients IP.

4. I can not find my htaccess after clicking public_html:
    While in your file manager, look up top of page for Settings, click on it and check Show Hidden Files (dotfiles). Now your htaccess will show.

Hope this helps you out.

cPanelMichael likes this.