The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPB Security Code Conflict? [moved]

Discussion in 'Security' started by coolcamo2468, Oct 17, 2005.

1. coolcamo2468

coolcamo2468 Member

IPB Security Code Conflict?

I recently installed Invision Power Board Forums on my website. Installation went fine as well as setup, however, now that I'm done setting it up, users cannot register. On the registration page, after accepting the agreement, you can fill out the form and everything fine, but at the bottom it asks for a 6-Digit Security Confirmation Code which is supposedly shown at the right. By examining the source, I noticed the alternate text was "Code bit" and the images were imbedded into index.php, most likely generated at random. This prevents users from registering, as well as preventing registered users from recovering their password. I was wondering if there was any conflict between cPanel and IPB, or if there was something missing. The address of the forums is http://triviafactz.agigforfree.com/Forums/ and the hosting provider is located at http://www.agigforfree.com (forums at http://forums.agignetwork.com). They apparently don't know what to do; they've 'recompiled the GD' but then they noticed that didn't work and told me to contact Invision. I posted and got one unhelpful response; they also mentioned posting here asking if there was some sort of conflict. One additional note: The server does NOT support GZip; I have disabled GZip under the User Manageable Settings in admin.php as well as under General Settings in the Admin CP.

2. cooldude7273

cooldude7273 Well-Known Member

The image needs GD to show.

Try recompiling apache/php with GD.

3. coolcamo2468

coolcamo2468 Member

I think there's a problem with cPanel right now. I'll try and post as soon as I can get in...

4. coolcamo2468

coolcamo2468 Member

Apparently they just rebooted the server. I'm back in but now I don't completely understand what to do...is this in Apache Handlers?

5. chris74108

chris74108 Well-Known Member

You need to ask your host to install GD for you.

6. coolcamo2468

coolcamo2468 Member

Ok, I'll ask...