vinc_dc43

Jan 19, 2003
I keep getting these annoying IPCHECK email warning, with the following subject line:

[ipcheck] Problems with dns setup on server2.xxxxx.xxx

I have checked the resolvers, checked the hosts file and even checked the eth0 ip and and the domain zone and they are all correct. I rebooted the server to make sure and I still get this error.

Any other ideas? Nothing int he posts here I have read so far has given me an answer

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

vinc_dc43

Jan 19, 2003
I found the following to contain an erroneus ip in my /etc/namd.conf file. I am presuming this is why I was gettign the ipcheck errors:

zone "0.0.127.in-addr.arpa" IN {
type slave;
masters {
###.###.###.###;
};
file "/var/named/named.local";
};

Website Rob

Mar 23, 2002
Alberta, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Do you actually have such a file?

/var/named/named.local

Just wondering if you have looked in the file:

/etc/namd.conf

to see what it actually shows.

This, for example is what I see and the file location/name is correct:

zone "." {
type hint;
file "/var/named/named.ca";
};

vinc_dc43

Jan 19, 2003
I am still getting the problems after i looked an changed some stuff in the named.conf file... I will look closer and see if i can get tot he bottom fo this, as I am sure I am almost there.

Legacy

Dec 26, 2003
any fix for this?

I have had this same problem also and i know many others are having this issue.

Anyone have a Fix for this?

Pollie

Jul 18, 2002
Some follow-up?

Hello,

I'm having this very same persistant issue with one of my servers. After submitting a ticket, Cpanel disabled this error but soon it would make a comeback with a new bogus/wrong IP.

As this thread traces back to Feb -- would you kindly give me a follow-up on this issue?

Thank you in advance

Paula

Pollie

Jul 18, 2002
Some follow-up?

Hello,

I'm having this very same persistant issue with one of my servers. After submitting a ticket, Cpanel disabled this error but soon it would make a comeback with a new bogus/wrong IP. :confused:

As this thread traces back to Feb -- would you kindly give me a follow-up on this issue?

Thank you in advance

Paula

inanna

Jul 28, 2003
I have the same problem. I have double and triple checked all files. Cannot get rid of the IPcheck error.