The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iphone email question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by rswin422, Sep 24, 2012.

1. rswin422

rswin422 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to all this so please bear with me:

I created 4 new email addresses for my website, I would like to be able to receive and send emails for all four from my iphone 4s.

I set up the first account webmaster@mywebsite.com, entered in the username and password for that specific acct as well as all the IMAP information required. I went to set up the next account support@mywebsite.com and again entered all the specific username and password for that acct and reentered the IMAP information. I got a message telling me that the IMAP information for the user (my Cpanel username) was already in use and if I wish to configure or cancel. Either option did not set up the support@mywebsite.com email.

I searched the forum and found nothing pertaining to my situation so I guess my question is can I have 4 email addressed for my website all on my iphone without forwarding 3 pointing to 1 because I want to be able to reply from each account, not all from the same account.

Or do I need to use third party software to do this and is there a third party software available?

Or will I need to log on directly via the web to horde, squirrelmail or roundcube?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Rose

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, you can have multiple email addresses on your iPhone.

If I understand your correctly, you shouldn't create an email account for your:
    If your cPanel username was rswin, and you want to use that name for an email account, create one. There is not default email account like this: rswin @ yourdomain.com you'll need to create it.

rswin @ yourdomain is a system account.

3. rswin422

rswin422 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Maybe I didn't explain correctly:

I created the following email addresses
    webmaster@mywebsite.com
    mary@mywebsite.com
    jane@mywebsite.com
    support@mywebsite.com

I went into the mail setting of my iphone and created an account under the other tab, hit add mail so I could add the webmaster@mywebsite.com email

I got the following prompt:
    Name
    Email
    Password
    Description
    [entered all the information pertaining to webmaster@mywebsite.com]

the next prompt asked me for the IMAP Account Information which including the following
    Name
    Email
    Description
    [all were filled in from the previous screen]

Incoming Mail Server
    host name
    username
    password
    [I entered the information provided by Cpanel in the email section, it says to use my cpanel username & password]

Outgoing Mail Server
    SMTP
    username
    password
    [only filled out the SMTP info]

Next I wanted to add mary@mywebsite.com email addy, I got the exact same prompts as before and I entered all information except I changed the initial information to match the mary email and not the webmaster email the IMAP information I entered the same because that's what information Cpanel says to use.

When I hit enter I get the following message:
    The IMAP account rswin is already configured; press edit to change the account settings or press cancel to stop configuring a new IMAP account

Because of this I can't add the mary@mywebsite.com email, from previous experience with yahoo mail which I have multiple email accounts through one account I needed to add each account in order to be able to not only receive email from all accounts but also send from all accounts. Will this be true for the website emails? Or can I only add webmaster@mywebsite.com and be able to receive and send emails from the other three all from that one account on my iphone.

Hope this is not too confusing...

thanks!
    Rose

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Username that's asked for here is the full email address.