IPs not assigned on new server in WHM

pingo

Nov 16, 2002
Hi there,

I got a server at Rackshack a few days ago but are having a problem.

I added the block of IPs which I received from Rackshack in WHM. When adding private nameservers to a domain I usually add the nameservers in the fields at the bottom of 'Reseller center' => 'Edit reseller privileges'. Then I go to 'Edit a DNS Zone' and ads two A records for ns1 and ns2 with their corresponding IPs. Then I check that they were added choosing 'List Assigned Nameservers IPs' but they weren't shown there. Sometimes WHM doesn't update it. I usually then pico /etc/nameserverips and the list of installed IPs are usually listed there. I then choose two IPs for the nameservers:

IP.no1=0
IP.no2=0

is changed to

IP.no1=ns1.domain.com
IP.no2=ns2.domain.com

and saves the changes. - This usually takes effect immediately and the nameservers with their IPs are shown in WHM when choosing "List Assigned Nameserver IPs" - but this time I can't do it via SSH as no IPs are shown in /etc/nameseverips except for the servers main IP. Does anybody here know off a fix for this problem? I opened a ticket yesterday but am in a real hurry as I'm in the process of moving 288 accounts from another server in another NOC (got it through a middleman) who I'm because of bad or non-existing support. Hope that someone here can help.

Thanks
John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

pingo

Nov 16, 2002
I didn't know that 99% of Rackshacks servers use subnet mask 255.255.254.0. I used the default subnet mask shown in WHM 255.255.255.0 which were the reason to the problem. - By the way, I allways loved talking with myself - hehe, just kidding :D

John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: