The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPs not assigned on new server in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pingo, Jul 16, 2003.

1. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I got a server at Rackshack a few days ago but are having a problem.

I added the block of IPs which I received from Rackshack in WHM. When adding private nameservers to a domain I usually add the nameservers in the fields at the bottom of 'Reseller center' => 'Edit reseller privileges'. Then I go to 'Edit a DNS Zone' and ads two A records for ns1 and ns2 with their corresponding IPs. Then I check that they were added choosing 'List Assigned Nameservers IPs' but they weren't shown there. Sometimes WHM doesn't update it. I usually then pico /etc/nameserverips and the list of installed IPs are usually listed there. I then choose two IPs for the nameservers:

IP.no1=0
    IP.no2=0

is changed to

IP.no1=ns1.domain.com
    IP.no2=ns2.domain.com

and saves the changes. - This usually takes effect immediately and the nameservers with their IPs are shown in WHM when choosing "List Assigned Nameserver IPs" - but this time I can't do it via SSH as no IPs are shown in /etc/nameseverips except for the servers main IP. Does anybody here know off a fix for this problem? I opened a ticket yesterday but am in a real hurry as I'm in the process of moving 288 accounts from another server in another NOC (got it through a middleman) who I'm because of bad or non-existing support. Hope that someone here can help.

Thanks
    John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

I didn't know that 99% of Rackshacks servers use subnet mask 255.255.254.0. I used the default subnet mask shown in WHM 255.255.255.0 which were the reason to the problem. - By the way, I allways loved talking with myself - hehe, just kidding :D

John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: