The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPs not blocked but cannot access cPanel or Webmail

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dme102, Jun 24, 2015.

1. dme102

dme102 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recently migrated around 20 cPanel accounts from shared hosting to a VPS running WHM.

Most of this has gone fine, but one account in particular is having some strange issues:

They could not access their webmail, cPanel or website from two distinct IP addresses (home and office), neither in a browser or using a mail client like outlook.

The website in a browser would come up with site not found, even though the site was resolving everywhere else (and it's unlikely it's a DNS issue as the domain was edited a week ago and all other accounts have resolved fine).

I temporarily disabled firewall and whitelisted their home IP address in WHM's ConfigServer Security & Firewall area, which made the website load in their browser, but when they try to access cPanel or webmail, they are able to access the login screen, but the username and password come back as invalid. They are definitely using the right info and I am able to login from another location using the same username and password.

Note: I have whitelisted the user's IP adress (where they are trying to access the server from today) in both the WHM firewall whitelist (config server security) AND in the individual cPanel's cPHulkd area.

Any idea why they are still locked out? Are there any other ban lists I'm missing?

2. ModServ

ModServ Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I couldn't think of anymore ban lists but I guess there are misconfiguration somewhere.

Try stopping CSF & cPHulk and get them to try again.

If it's still not working try checking for their websites virtualhost configration in httpd.conf and their DNS Zone.

Hope that helps.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can review /usr/local/cpanel/logs/login_log to see if there are any specific failure messages when the users attempt to access cPanel/WHM.

Thank you.