The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ips.remotedns

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by moses, Feb 28, 2005.

1. moses

moses Registered

I was trying to add a domain to host, and I got an error that says Please transfer the domain to this server's nameservers or have your admin add one of its nameservers ips to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver!

However, I cannot transfer the nameserver because there are some subdomains that are currently hosted by another server. So just wondering what is needed to add to /etc/ips.remotedns and secondly, do I just have to change the A entry for the www subdomain?

Thanks.
    moses

2. claven177

claven177 Well-Known Member

I got the same message.

Why cause theat ?

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    To workaround custom DNS requirements I recommend adding the DNS/name server IP addresses into the file "/etc/ips.remotedns" using the following feature in WHM:

WHM: Main >> IP Functions >> Configure Remote Service IPs >> Remote DNS IPs

Description: IPs in this list will be used to determine if the nameserver for a newly added domain is considered local. When an IP is added to this list the system will permit users to add addon or parked domains with nameserver IPs listed in the configured list when it would have otherwise denied them.