Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

iptables question/assistance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kdarray, Jan 22, 2007.

1. kdarray

kdarray Well-Known Member

i have csf on all of my servers. however on one server recently, when adding an ip to the deny list, i receive this message.

"Adding 85.98.167.185 to csf.deny and iptables DROP...
    iptables v1.3.0: Couldn't load target `LOGDROPIN':/lib/iptables/libipt_LOGDROPIN.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.
    iptables v1.3.0: Couldn't load target `LOGDROPOUT':/lib/iptables/libipt_LOGDROPOUT.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information."

i am unsure how to fix this problem. my other servers all have this library present. i don't know what happened with this particular server and need to fix it, but need some help doing it pls.

EDIT: The server is FC4 with 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp #1 SMP kernel

#1 kdarray, Jan 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kdarray

how to update

thanks for the updated kernel rpm Chirpy. now i need to know how exactly to go about updating the kernel with this new rpm. this is my first time having to do it and i have no idea how to go about it and need the procedure please. i would hate to mess anything up.

could you pls give me instructions. thanks

4. freedman

freedman Well-Known Member

this may help:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq#head-046d8b21e4b28db2ccfc1686482e54ab2f97e2af

although if you're only wishing to update to a newer FC4 kernel, then do this:

edit /etc/yum.conf
    you'll notice an 'exclude' line in there which contains "kernel*"

remove the kernel* portion.
    then simply..
    yum upgrade

this should grab and install a newer kernel for FC4.
    then remember to edit yum.conf and readd the "kernel*" text

do a uname -a
    note the kernel version.
    reboot
    do a uname -a again to verify that you're successfully booting the new kernel.

5. kdarray

thanks

thank you freedman, it was a breeze to update. mod security disappeared from WHM though. it just comes up with a blank page. i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. i forced a cpanel update from the shell. still, no more mod security. the database is still there. does anyone happen to have any ideas on this? i checked cpanel.net and could not find a specific download for the mod security add-on. how can i get this back?

EDIT: the kernel update worked perfectly to fix the iptables issue, BTW. For the missing mod security, WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.0-S119 Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0 is running on this server.

#5 kdarray, Jan 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  6. kdarray

fixed the mod security

i fixed the missing mod security. i uninstalled it again, stopped and restarted mysql, then reinstalled mod security and it is there now. thanks again for all of your help chirpy and freedman.