iptables rules changes problem

Hadi.Salim

Nov 12, 2015
yemen
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Yes my iptables set to start at boot time. i have checked it.
im wondering why this happen every time i set rule in iptables get dispeer when the vps restart.Is there's any cPanel script over write my rules ?.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

cPanel will not overwrite your custom rules, but I still suggest installing a third-party firewall management utility such as CSF (it's free):

ConfigServer Security & Firewall

Thank you.

Hadi.Salim

Nov 12, 2015
yemen
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

cPanel will not overwrite your custom rules, but I still suggest installing a third-party firewall management utility such as CSF (it's free):

ConfigServer Security & Firewall

Thank you.
unfortunately we cant install CSF. due to iptables module missing from our vps. we contact our provider to install the missing module, the said our kernel is static. they cant recompile and patch the kernel for that module. they suggest us to move to dedicate server. and we are not ready too.

is there's any way to install iptables module with out patching and recompile the kernel ?

dalem

PartnerNOC
Oct 24, 2003
SLC
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Not if your on openVZ you do not have access you will need XEN, KVM or another full virtualization to add kernel modules

Note: CSF runs just fine on virtuozzo your host has not taken the time or to set up the node properly in the first place.
So its not Can't is wont

Hadi.Salim

Nov 12, 2015
yemen
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Not if your on openVZ you do not have access you will need XEN, KVM or another full virtualization to add kernel modules

Note: CSF runs just fine on virtuozzo your host has not taken the time or to set up the node properly in the first place.
So its not Can't is wont
can i generate module and copy it the vps it will work ?