The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iptables updates block my traffic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ronniemiller, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ronniemiller

ronniemiller Registered

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the iptables on our server. Either cpanel or whm appears to be updating iptables every day with a lot of IPs, including my own. Effectively blocking me from my own server.

Where do I go to take my IP address out of the list that it updates from? Otherwise, how can I prevent it from blocking my ip address over and over again?

Thanks

#1 ronniemiller, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. RSCChris

RSCChris Active Member

Are you using a firewall to control iptables? If not, I recommend you set one up, specifically ConfigServer. The problem though is probably one of cpanel's security features that's detecting some weird activity from your IP and blocking it. To wipe out all of the bad rules, go into SSH and do iptables --flush, then setup the firewall. As for the IPs on the list, they're being stored in the /etc/hosts.deny file, so just go in there to remove your IP. To prevent the IP from being blocked, add it to the /etc/hosts.allow file.