The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPv6 Addresses in DNS zones after transfer

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by amin alnasra, Aug 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. amin alnasra

amin alnasra Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello

Today After moving many websites from server to another , I faced a problem in dns zone in ipv6 records, all records copied from the old server and the records AAA become incorrect for all zones.

I have about 150 domains which have the same problem so the reset option in whm interface let me rest domains one by one .. no bulk option to reset all domains and that need too much effort and time.

I searched in the forum for a solution but there are some limitation on the suggested solutions for example some of them don't bring sub-domains and add on domains into zone.

finally I created my solution by whm api command line

to reset all domains zones include sub-domains and add-on domains just simply apply this code

Code:
    for i in `cat /etc/trueuserdomains | cut -d: -f1` ;do whmapi1 resetzone domain=$i ;done
    best regards

#1 amin alnasra, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @amin alnasra,

I'm happy to see you were able to find a suitable workaround. Note that internal case CPANEL-6541 is open to ensure the Transfer Tool overwrites or removes IPv6 addresses from the DNS zone when applicable. This is planned in a future cPanel & WHM version, but we do not have a time frame to offer at this time. I'll update this thread with new information as it becomes available.

Thank you.