The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is chkservd compatible with the new apache build?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by myros, Jun 29, 2002.

1. myros

myros Active Member

Just curious about this issue related to apache re-starting every 10 minutes: here's the sequence of how things go (according to WHM)

Under server status - Apache: red light, listed as &failed&
    Under apache status - apache is up and running. All web sites functioning normaly.

10 minutes later (Im guessing chkservd runs).

Under server status - Apache: green light, listed as &up&
    Under apache status - apache unreachable. No web sites work.

10 minutes later - chkservd runs

server status - Apache red light - &failed&
    apache status - shows apache working fine

Repeat over and over.

Seems to me something is badly porked in that sequence ;) Why would it be listed as &failed& when its actualy up and running and then its shutdown the next time chkservd runs? I guess it could be something totaly unrelated, Im just pulling my hair out here trying to get apache to stop the up 10 minutes, down 10 minutes routine.

Myros

2. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

Myros,
    Do you have mod-perl installed? You are welcome to submit a trouble ticket for this problem so it can be looked at directly.

3. myros

myros Active Member

Thanks Dave,
    Yes mod_perl is installed. Before doing the apache upgrade it was called via httpd.conf in the addmodule section but apache wouldnt start once the upgrade was complete because of that line. Commented it out and apache loads ok.

Im at Ventures Online so didnt think I could submit a ticket directly to you, the techs at VO are investigating this issue also as there are quite a few machines having this problem. As far as I know they are talking directly with you guys trying to figure it out. Just thought Id try here in the forum and see if anybody else has resolved this issue.

Thanks,
    Myros

4. ahwheelock

ahwheelock Well-Known Member

Just to add two cents here. I also had this problem, and VO even brought DarkOrb in on it (presumably because I was a pain).

Hers what happened to me:

With Apache 1.3.26...failed every 10 minutes
    downgraded as this was intolerable, and:
    with Apache 1.3.23....failed every 4 hours
    rebuilt (accidentally?) with v.22, and:
    with Apache 1.3.22....no problems.

just FYI. Of course, now my security is as hole-ridden as swiss cheese...but the server is up.

5. myros

myros Active Member

This was eventualy fixed for me with redoing PHP. It seems when running buildapache it badly hosed the PHP install for me. After sorting out the PHP stuff its been running sweet.

Myros