The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 'cll' in the MySQL version string related to CloudLinux?

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by <esc>, Jun 19, 2013.

1. <esc>

<esc> Member

Collecting version numbers of software running on our VPSs I see that the MySQL versions are ending on "cll". What does this mean? Is this software form CloudLinux? And if, how is it related to the standard cPanel setup?

Erich
    --
    Virtuozzo VPS, WHM 11.38.0 (Build 18), CENTOS 6.4 i686 virtuozzo, Kernel 2.6.32-042stab076.8, Apache 2.2.24, PHP 5.3.25, MySQL Ver 5.5.31-cll for Linux on i686 (MySQL Community Server (GPL))

2. ThinIce

ThinIce Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Edit: oops no my bad, looks like "cll" might well refer to a cloudlinux version of the rpm

#2 ThinIce, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

"5.5.31-cll" does not indicate the use of Cloud Linux. This is the standard naming convention for MySQL on cPanel. You will see this version on servers that do not use Cloud Linux. EX:

Code:
    Server version		5.5.31-cll
    However, if you are using MySQL Governor with Cloud Linux, it does bring in its own version of MySQL to make it possible to monitor usage & throttle abusers. These MySQL packages use the "cl-MySQL*" naming convention.

Thank you.