The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is cPanel still supporting its product???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dkeester, Jan 2, 2004.

1. dkeester

dkeester Registered

I am a support tech for a web hosting company that is also a cPanel reseller.

We have a support ticket that was opened on November 24, 2003 which to this day (January 2, 2004) has not received a response from cPanel support. We have a customer that is patiently waiting for a response on this issue. Ignoring a ticket for this long is completely unacceptable.

How does cPanel manage to stay in business with support like this? I have even tried calling the main offices to get some sort of response to this issue, to no avail.

I feel obligated to mention this in this manner since my attempts, and the attempts of other technicians at my company, to get support on this issue have received NO response.

I honestly hope that none of cPanel's other customers have been treated in such a rude and un-professional manner.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 30465

2. netwrkr

netwrkr Well-Known Member

Take a number and wait your turn pal :) I've been waiting for ticket 27551 to have some action since I opened it 10/24/03. Beats me how they stay in business providing this level of service along with a fairly significant price tag for the yearly licenses. Chris B emailed me a month ago talking about a 'special' on licenses. I emailed him back asking when my ticket was going to be worked.

The only other viable product I am seriously considering moving to is Plesk. H-Sphere is too wrapped around Java which makes me want to puke and the others are quite simply lacking. cPanel charges far too much for a product to not offer a greater level of support.

3. netwrkr

Must of been an easy ticket. Anything that requires more than a few minutes of effort seems to be pushed to the bottom of the stack. Ticket open 2 months? Come on.

4. eXite

eXite Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Remember that cPanel is not your support desk for all standard issues, often not concerning cPanel at all. I see many webhosters buy a cheap dedi with cpanel and expect cpanel to do it all for them, that's just not how it works. A support ticket that is not answered after two months is unacceptable, I agree, but shouldn't you do some research on the issue too? You're the webhoster, the companies tech! Google is your friend, fixes everything for you :)

5. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Also it should be pointed out that cpanel support is supposed to be supplied initially by the vendor that sold you your cpanel licence.

6. netwrkr

Thanks for your reply? If you are generally speaking then fine. I am not a 'webhoster' that has purchased a cheap 'dedi' with cpanel -- I own my servers outright. I have been running, maintaining, implementing networks and Linux boxes since kernel .9x so I think I know how to 'do some research'.

I provided detailed information about a mySQL bug I found in cpanel. Did quite a bit of work on my own to reproduce and when I found it was a valid bug I submitted all my work to cPanel.

#6 netwrkr, Jan 4, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2004
  7. netwrkr

If your reference was to me I purchaced both my CP licenseses from CP itself. So, that would make CP the vendor?

Edit: correct spelling.

#7 netwrkr, Jan 4, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2004
  8. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I was not pointing to anyone. :D

Just stating a fact.

A lot of people get ticked at CP when in fact they should have gone to their vendor. I meant no judgement on anyone here.

9. netwrkr

:)

10. Joshfrom

Joshfrom Well-Known Member

dkester called after hours about this ticket. I personally took the message the next morning and assigned the ticket to a tech who was able to resolve the issue and respond back within 10 minutes.

Sometimes tickets do fall by the wayside. If you feel you are in this situation and that your ticket is being ignored, send me an IM at "cpaneljosh"

11. dkeester

dkeester Registered

Josh: Thank you for the response. I look forward to getting a resolution on this issue.

Yes, I did call after hours on Friday. However, that was the second call that I have made regarding this issue. The first call was during normal business hours and was placed about two weeks before my most recent call. The person who answered the phone said that he would talk to the tech assigned to this ticket. However, there was still no response in the ticket.

I hope that I have not embarased or angered anyone by posting here as I have. I did not mean to harass. I simply need this issue resolved.

eXite: I am a very avid Google user. However, Google can't fix problems that require access to the cPanel source code. ;-)

dgbaker: I work for a cPanel reseller. This issue was opened with cPanel on behalf of a customer that bought a cPanel license from us. :)

netwrkr: Thanks for your support and understanding. It is always nice to know that one is not alone.