Is cPanel, the company, dropping "FrontPage extensions" in a furure build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albaby

Feb 8, 2004
I saw the other post about this, but I failed to find an ANSWER from "cpanelkenneth " definitively saying YES/NO, if cPanel is dropping FrontPage extensions FROM Whm/cPanel in a future build? I use em, some of clients use them, but I wont miss them then when gone, so I'm not PRO or AGAINST them per se.

It SEEMS like suicide for any HOST to drop them, thus the same for cPanel to drop them, am I wrong?

Of course if MS Licensing dictates DROP em, I can comprende that for sure, but I read nothing anywhere about MS forcing Hosts to drop the "FrontPage extensions." Am I wrong here to?

Thanks cPanel for your great products in Whm / cPanel.

Al Guevara

albaby

Feb 8, 2004
They have, but that doesn't mean HOSTS or cPanel has dropped them...

Silver_2000

Mar 31, 2002
When Microsoft stopped supporting them last summer they stopped fixing the security issues ...

DaveUsedToWorkHere

Dec 28, 2001
As noted in the other thread, we will continue to support them as long as it is reasonable to do so. Of note, as FrontPage is EOL, it is important to educate your clients about other software / publishing options as they will eventually need to switch away from FrontPage. Of note: Webdav support has been added to cPanel 11 which should be out in STABLE soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.