The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it a DNS problem or wth?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ronaldoo, Jul 13, 2009.

1. ronaldoo

ronaldoo Active Member

[Solved] Is it a DNS problem or wth?

Hello friends,
    We have an old web/mail server and we are transferring all the domains to the new web/mail server (with cPanel running on it).
    1st we had transfer the e-mails to the cPanel and at 2nd time the websites. So, on a domain that has been created and configured to use web and mail since 1st time on cPanel all works fine but on the domains that has been configured to use at 1st time only mailservices on cPanel and aim the website on the old server it don't works fine!
    Listen my problem:
    If I try to access the site like "www.website.com" it works! But if I try to access the website using like "website.com" without "www" I can see a folder like the following picture:

[​IMG]

All services, e-mail and web are running on cPanel now, but the problem persists!
    Can anyone try to help me?
    Thanks, see you!

#1 ronaldoo, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. ronaldoo

ronaldoo Active Member

Ooooowwww, I'm getting crazy with it!:confused::confused::confused:

3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:

Not sure anyone can understand the problem, too many details that sound unrelated from what I can make out.

Let's just use this part of your post:

On the website.com that you see the folders, are they from that same account that works at www.website.com or no? Does this account have an index.html or index.php in it's public_html directory?

You might try renaming the .htaccess file in the root of that account to .htaccess.bak for a moment and try the 2 URLs again just to rule out something wrong there. Be sure to rename it back to normal after testing the domain.

If I'm completely off base here you might try explaining it a bit more clearly so someone much smarter than I can help you out.

4. ronaldoo

ronaldoo Active Member

Infopro! Man, sorry!!!
    You are right, the problem is it! The files doesn't are in the public_html folder...
    I'll try to change my servers configuration, thank you so much! Best regards!