The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it best to???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadeyoo, Jul 10, 2003.

1. dadeyoo

dadeyoo Registered

Hi
    I,am thinking of sharing half of my server would it be best to setup 2 resellers accounts ? or use the root for me and a reseller for the other one ?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

It really all depends on if you trust the other person and what your deal is with them. Someone is obviously going to be updating the box, etc.; that person needs root access.

If the other person is going to be hosting standard hosting accounts and you'll be around to compile modules, etc. Just setup a full featured reseller account for them.

3. compunet2

compunet2 Well-Known Member

Personally, I use 2 reseller accounts. I only use root for admin functions. The reseller account I use for setting up resold domains. I think I ran into a problem when I tried creating packages in root, it was made available to the resellers (which I didnt want). I dont know if they ever fixed it, but my 2 account system is working fine.

4. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

I've never done this before, but i would setup 2 reseller accounts as it will help you guys keep your accounts seperate.