The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possibile and where should I start ?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by jameshsi, Dec 28, 2009.

1. jameshsi

jameshsi Well-Known Member

Hi!
    We need to develop a custom interface for a new start hosting company, beside the logo and theme modification, we need to intergrate most cpanel functions in their existing customer control panel written in php, their clients don't have to login to the cpanel thu 2082 or 2083, we need to use API calls to let their users perform the functions cpanel provide, what I said is possibile, right ?

I try to figure out how to do this by reading the documentation in cPanel/WHM Documentation Intro, as usual, cpanel always confuse me, I never understand why their documnet is so hard to let u get started. :confused:

Can any experienced pal share some light ?

2. jameshsi

Cpanel is such a huge success in hosting but there is really lack of documentation or support, I use solusvm as my VPS management, they reply ticket or forum within 4 hours, but cpanel forum, hehe, no responce.

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    We are working expeditiously to expand our API documentation to cover certain areas more in-depth (e.g., for API1 and API2) as well as keeping current with including newer additions to XML-API functions as they are released, such as those added in cPanel version 11.25.

For reference, here is where our developer documentation resides, including usage information about the latest additions to the XML-API for cPanel 11.25: Developer Resources

For additional information I suggest to also bookmark the cPanel Integration Blog, as linked here: cPanel Integration Blog

Are there specific questions that we can help answer, or are there any specific areas of confusion that we can better assist in clarifying? We want to make your job easier, and are happy to accept any additional suggestions or feature requests you may have.

Here is a related thread that I believe may be of interest: How can we help you develop your application? - cPanel Forums

4. jameshsi

Hi!
    My question are above, can u try to answer them ?
    we want hosting clients login to our web site and manage their hosting account instead of login to 2082 or 2083, is it possibile ?
    For example, they don't have to login to cpanel to add an new email account, or view the statistic report, is it possibile ? If yes, which API should I use ?

5. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I apologize for the confusion. To help clarify, I believe it is possible by using the XML-API. For specific usage information please see the following area of our developer documentation: XML and JSON APIs

6. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    some API functionality is available through the XML-API when connected to cpanel (port 2083). You will want to use the XML-API's cpanel call to make API1 or API2 calls in order to achieve this.