The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible - E-mail related...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by /bin/false, Mar 16, 2007.

1. /bin/false

/bin/false Registered

I have a customer that is causing me some grief lately. They absolutley insist on using the webmail interface (we use Nutsmail) instead of OE or Outlook / Thunderchicken.

We left the world of the VPS behind and moved everything to a dedicated box recently and during the transition, SOME of the e-mail did not get copied over, about 4 days worth since I did the account migration on a Friday and we cut over on the Tuesday.

Is it possible for me to re-copy the account with everything in it without affecting the exisiting mail and data on the new server or do a backup of the account through thier cPanel interface and restore it without affecting all the new mail and new data on the machine?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

/bin/false

2. mctDarren

mctDarren Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Why don't you have customer login to the old box via IP address and collect their mail there? Or do they keep mail on the server itself since they insist on webmail?

3. /bin/false

/bin/false Registered

Precisely, that is where the issue is, they insist on using Webmail.

Cheers!

/bin/false

4. markhard

markhard Well-Known Member

i think your client can access their webmail via IP of the old server: http://<ip server>/webmail and forward all email that not yet readed to their own email (which on the new server)

5. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

If you're using MailDir for storage, then it would also be possible to filter files by date and copy them from old to new server.

There's also a program called imapsync that may be able to help you out.

And just for future reference, it *is* possible to cut over from one server to another with no loss of messages, assuming you have time to plan ahead... there are several threads here related to that :)