The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to backup Cpanel to original state? [moved]

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by ColorDreamer, Dec 31, 2006.

1. ColorDreamer

ColorDreamer Registered

I have never used backup for my Cpanel, I've only had my site for >1month, I have no Idea how to undo everything that I've done. I've looked through file manager, and I don't know which files have always been there or have been added through my playing around and experimenting. I have no problem starting from scratch (like I just purchased my hosting package and just logged into my cpanel for the first time) However, I need to make sure my domain name is still connected to my cpanel. What do I do?

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good question for your hosting provider :)

3. markfrompf

markfrompf Well-Known Member

Yes, any hosting provider should be able to delete and re-setup your account for free, aka "reset" it, as long as you don't mind all of your data (files, emails, etc.) being gone forever.

Otherwise, you should make a backup of your home directory (cPanel > Backup) and manually pick out the html (or php, jsp, etc.) files to keep.

Good luck. :cool:

4. ColorDreamer

ColorDreamer Registered

Thanks!!

Thanks a lot. I think I figured it out with out having to do all of that. I do have another question, do you know where to download those smiley sets that are used in these forums? I have these really boring ones on my site, and I wanted to replace them with nicer ones. :D :eek:
    Thanks for your help so far.
    Dreamer