The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to delete past months logs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rcthost, Oct 10, 2002.

1. rcthost

rcthost Active Member

My /usr partition is at 93% on the 9th day of the month. Obviously this is not good.

I need some advice on what I should do. Any suggestion will be greatly appriciated.

I was wondering if it was possible to delete past months logs and just keep current month and previous month data. Then I can just notify my clients that they should save every months logs because they will be cleaned out eventually. This may not be the best option, but just a thought.

Also, is it possible to disable stats per account? I'm pretty certain that the problem lies on only a handfull of accounts that get tons of hits.

Thanks for any help!

Ryan

2. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

in your domain logs folder type:

du -sh * | grep '[0-9]'M

It will display the bigger logs.

To make the big logs go away try,

echo -n & domain_log_name

If you are going to be deleting the logs.. run /scripts/runweblogs for that username before deleting it. So that their stats pages are updated.

Hope that helps :)

Craig.

3. rcthost

rcthost Active Member

Thanks for the reply! I just deleted a couple of the big ones where the site owner didn't care about stats and that cleared out about 45%.

I noticed the new tweak setting that removes log files after stats run. This function was exactly what I needed. Does anyone know if this function will screw up stats in anyway? I want my clients to have their stats but the log files get so big. Will that function solve the problem?