The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to edit multiple DNS records?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by rpage, Jul 13, 2007.

1. rpage

rpage Member

Feb 13, 2002
    I just recently used the transfer function from within WHM to transfer server accounts over to a new server. The transfer function seems to have a problem with add-on domain names. First I found out that it did not create the necessary virtual host information in the httpd.conf file. So I had to go in and manually recreate them. And now I have found out that when it created the dns records it created all of the necessary entries except for the two ns entries. So I am now going into each dns record to add the ns entries. And of course I had already setup the new server in the dns cluster and it seem to wipe out the dns record on the old server with the record on the new server. So it has been very time consuming and I have a lot of records to go through. Is there a way to edit multiple records at the same time, or a fix script that searches dns records and places missing ns entries back into the records based off of the template?
    Thanks for any suggestions.