Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Is it possible to hide public_html for my customers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atomehosting, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Atomehosting

Atomehosting Registered

Hi everybody, I have search some informations to know if it's possible to show only the /www to my customers or better when my customers log on the ftp to arrived directly in the www folder.

But I found nothing on that, so do someone know a solution to do that?

I use WHM/Cpanel for that.

TIA

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

the user id created by WHM is basically the "root" domains user id.. it allows access to home/userid/*.*

to not have them see public_html and go directly into it. You need to create another FTP account in cPanel and point it to / this way the user id, when logged in goes to /home/userid/public_html/*.*.
    so they will not need to click on public_html or www they will auto populate into the public_html folder. I dont know if there is a way to modify this on account signup you may beable to modify some WHM wwwacct function settings though.

3. Atomehosting

Atomehosting Registered

thanks I will check it out.

If someone know a solution to do it in the account creation, let me know here please...

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...