The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to show time based reports/graphs of resource usage per account?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by infocom, May 22, 2010.

1. infocom

infocom Member

One of my servers with Cpanel is unstable, frequently has brief downtimes. My Monitis.com report is quite eratic.

I am wondering if there is a specific account using high resources. I cannot see much info using "top" in command line, it shows mostly nobody users. The server resources figres in WHM are not really helpful to show what users are using resources over time (as it could fluctuate).

Is there a monitoring system that will log resources on a per account basis and over time so we can see how they fluctuate? Preferably show a graph?

I have searched and searched and cannot find anything, yet thought this would be a desired and necessary feature.

Thanks a lot

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Checkout the files/directories under /var/log/dcpumon/ directory, thats what you are looking for.

3. infocom

infocom Member

The top logs mainly report the user nobody (there are a few account names), and is quite difficult to see historic data say over the past 24 hours or 1 week. This is why top is difficult to use, I have to sit there and watch it or go through loads of files to find a "spike" when the server resources were high and then I need the account name, but its mostly nobody.

So are there no graphical systems that can show you the account usage over time? I am quite surprised it is difficult to see which account is causing high resources. So if I have say 30 accounts, and one of them has some process using lots of resources at occasional times (not always, maybe few times a day for a brief time), how could I identify that account?

Thanks