Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have lots of orphan folders/files. some of the folders I am not sure about. Is it safe to delete folders from red color border?

ScreenShot00036.png

ScreenShot00037.png

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,

Most of them you listed are the cPanel default files when the account is created, so you will have to examine what default files are created when an account is created and compared the newly created account files with these files here and decide on later.

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Most of them you listed are the cPanel default files when the account is created, so you will have to examine what default files are created when an account is created and compared the newly created account files with these files here and decide on later.
Other account files.

Screenshot(7).png

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

The only files I would recommend considering for removal from your original post are the directories prefixed with "cpmove". Those look to be old or failed backup directories that you can remove if you no longer require the backup data within them.

Thank you.

Nirjonadda

May 8, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

The only files I would recommend considering for removal from your original post are the directories prefixed with "cpmove". Those look to be old or failed backup directories that you can remove if you no longer require the backup data within them.

Thank you.
Then other folder are come from cPanel? If any folder deleted then does its created automatically? If directories as anything in there is legitimate data.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

No, folders that you delete are not always automatically re-created. The other folders you referenced do appear to come from cPanel and include data associated with features such as SpamAssassin, SquirrelMail, and Perl modules.

Thank you.