The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it safe to delete...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsteel, Dec 19, 2002.

1. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

...the files and directories under the .cpan and .cpupdate directories unde /root? We have one server that was built out using partioning against what we wanted and now the / partition is at 81% and flashing yellow. We need to remove some files. All of /var and /home have their own partitions, so it's not a log issue. The / partition has been growing about 1% every week and we're not sure what is causing it.

Jaz

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

They are quite safe to delete. cPanel will re-download anything that is required in those dirs

3. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Thanks. Any other ideas on where I might look for files I can delete? My partitioning as reported by WHM is as follows:

/
    /var
    /home

I'm guessing that it is just the WHM/CP updates that keep making things grow at the fairly constant, yet moderate rate. I'm sure WHM/CP has a bunch of temp files that can be deleted somewhere.

Thanks,
    Jaz

4. kwimberl

kwimberl Well-Known Member

Check your /tmp.

5. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Thanks, but there is only 28k in that directory. Anymore ideas. does WHM/CP keep the actual RPMs it downloads and installs during upcp somewhere? If so, where and can I delete them without making upcp want to download them again?

Jaz

6. taivu

taivu Well-Known Member

[quote:a6ff3076f0][i:a6ff3076f0]Originally posted by jsteel[/i:a6ff3076f0]All of /var and /home have their own partitions, so it's not a log issue.[/quote:a6ff3076f0]

Is /usr its own partition as well? That's where Apache's logs are located (/usr/local/apache/domlogs and /usr/local/apache/logs).